The idea behind the Bonus Ball is to give players who have not matched the six main numbers a chance to win an even better prize. As the Bonus Ball is drawn from the 36 numbers left in the machine after the six main numbers have come out.
For example:If you match five of the six main Lotto numbers and your final number is a match for the Bonus Ball, you will significantly increase the amount you win:
• You choose the numbers 01,28,24,42,05,11
• Main numbers drawn: 01, 15, 11, 24, 05, 42
• Bonus Ball: 28 - You have matched 5 main numbers plus the Bonus
• Main numbers drawn: 01,15,11,24,05,42
• Bonus Ball: 20 - You have matched 5 main numbers but not the
So the winning you get is much higher when you match 5 main numbers plus the Bonus Ball than just matching 5 main numbers. And we start paying from match 3 plus the bonus ball so you are guaranteed to walk away with something.